Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Hotdog Buns

Image hosted by Photobucket.com People who tasted the hotdog buns commented that the buns were too compact. Yes, the right word to describe the texture of the bun was compact. I reviewed the steps I have followed from Bernald Clayton's New Complete Book of Breads to find out what went wrong during the process. I had probably added too much flour, over kneaded the dough and allowed it to rise for an extra 15 to 20 minutes, while I went to the hypermarket to buy the hotdogs with cheese bits in them.

I attempted baking the hotdog buns again with the same recipe, adding the right amount of flour, kneading between the suggested time and letting the dough rise within the time frame.

After 20 minutes of baking the 5 hotdog buns and 4 round plain buns, the buns turned out almost perfect. I had placed the buns too close to each other and they sticked together slightly as the dough continued to rise. Anyway, I managed to pull them apart and they were still in good shape. Most importantly, they had a much softer texture, tender, fluffier, nicely shaped, look presentable and good to eat.

No wonder they were too heavy, not fluffy and puffy like commercial hotdog buns earlier.

I got it right this time :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous hollie said...

Can I have this recipe?

4:56 PM  
Blogger Lindsay's Bakery said...

Sure, I am going to bake this again this weekend.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home