Baking in an Art
Feel free to add other fillings/toppings to this recipe below. I wrapped hotdogs with bread and added Cheddar cheese as topping.
1) 5 1/2 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour (780 grams)
2) 1 package dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
3) 2 cups warm milk (8 tablespoons milk powder + 2 cups milk)
4) 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
5) 3 tablespoons sugar
6) 1 teaspoon salt
7) 2 eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
8) 1 egg yolk + 1 teaspoon milk
1) Mix 3 cups flour with dry yeast in a bowl.
2) Mix milk, butter, sugar and salt.
3) Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and mix into a soft dough.
4) Add in the eggs and mix until the eggs absorbed into the batter.
5) Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it to rise for 1 hour.
6) Stir in remaining flour until you are able to work with the dough.
7) Knead the dough for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
8) Put the dough into a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Leave it to rise for 45 minutes until double in bulk.
9) Punch down the dough and roll out into stripes.
10) Wrap the strips around the hotdogs and place them on a greased baking sheet. Leave it to rise for 40 minutes until double in bulk.
11) Glaze with egg-milk wash and add toppings.
12) Bake at 425 Fahrenheit (220 Celcius) for 20 minutes. You may want to reduce to temperature by 50 Fahrenheit (375 F or 190 F) if you have a conventional oven.